Saturday, March 25, 2006

FieryGwenivere: I feel like ruining the moment by asking questions I'm only half-sure I want answered. I should probably just go.

I guess I'm growing up.

"And so you get six months to adapt,

And you get two more to leave town.
In the event that you do adapt,
We still might not want you around.
But I fell for the promise
Of a life with a purpose
But I know that's impossible now.
And so I drink to stay warm,
And to kill selected memories,

Because I just can’t think anymore about that or about her tonight.

I give myself three days to feel better,

Or else I swear I'm driving off a fucking cliff.
Because if I can't learn to make myself feel better,
Then how can I expect anyone else to give a shit?

And I scream for the sunlight,
Or a car to take me anywhere,

Just get me past this dead and eternal snow.
Because I swear that I am dying,
Slowly, but it's happening,
And if the perfect spring is waiting somewhere,
Just take me there.
Just take me there.
Just take me there
Just lie to me and say,
Lie to me and say,
it’s going to be alright,
its going to be alright,
its going to be alright."
~Bright Eyes, If Winter Ends


On with it.