Thursday, March 13, 2003

"All I am is wanting you."

This song is Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack.

People just keep on posing challenges for us...and the sources just keep getting more credible. This is unfortunate for me, being that it's hard enough to keep those goddamned cynical voices at the back of my mind quiet when I'm the only bastard on duty. But with help, this just keeps getting harder for my bettter half...and for my better half, come to think of it. Freaky double-entendre sneaking in there, and it's not even sexual- where's the fun in that? This shit is messing with me, and it's getting harder...but it feels better when I write it, when I can read what I wrote. It feels more true to see it in words. Let's go over it all, shall we?

Recap:
We're young. I still believe it.
We're nuts. I still believe it.
We're inexperienced. I still believe it.
We're uneducated. I still believe it.
We're totally different. I still believe it.
We're too alike. I still believe it.
We haven't told our parents yet. I still believe it.
We're living in a soceity where this sort of thing is damn near impossible. I still believe it.
He's not a Matchbox Twenty fan. I still believe it.
He's not making up his own mind about things. I still believe it.
He doesn't love life the way that I do. I still believe it.
He doesn't love Christmas. I still believe it.
I really want to make him love christmas. I still believe it.
I'm trying to change him. I still believe it.
He's changing me. I still believe it.
The sky is falling. I still believe it.
The world is ending. I still believe it.
The Red Sox won the world series. I still believe it.
We're in love, I am losing the core of my cynicysm, and I am happy with it. Hell has just frozen over. I still believe it.


We'll try it, we'll make it, we'll love it, he'll love me. And I'll believe and believe until the day it's all diminished beneath me, and if it's a mistake, then I'll tell everyone- with their satisfied looks on their sad little faces- what I told him a few days ago: if this all blows over, if it all goes down, this was still the best time of my life.

"And I wanted you to know
If you reap what you would sew
I would take it blow by blow.
All I am is yours."

On with it.