Friday, April 11, 2003

Friday five- been a while since I've done these.

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
The first and only famous band I've seen in concert was Counting Crows, and despite my love of their music, it was a little disappointing. They did mostly new stuff that I wasn't that interested in, and it was right after september 11th- at a college, no less- so their was lots of political talk going on. The contact high was kind of fun, though, and some random hot chick grinded against me during "Mr. Jones." Within the next month, I am going to see both my favorite band- Matchbox Twenty- and my boyfriend's- (hed) PE- so I'll have more concert experience to talk about, should it come up.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
My favorite artist is Matchbox Twenty, as I said. Oddly enough, I was justifying my love of them to a friend just a few moments ago, explaining that it's not about their looks, their popularity, or any fascination on my part...it's the way that I connect with their music on a more primally emotional level than anyone other band.

3. What's your favorite song?
"Push", by the aforementioned, is my favorite song now and has been for six years...it reminds me of my oldest close friend, Jeremey, who used to call me up to let me know when it was playing on the radio. To the best of my recollection, those days were the best we ever had together, and that was the most wonderful thing I could have imagined anyone doing for me back then. I think it will be my favorite song so long as it reminds me of him, and I'll love him so long as he reminds me as the song.

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
I'm thinkin' the cello, if I had my choice of any of them, but right now I wish I could put the five hundred dollars to get my saxophone fixed forward, and finding the time to learn the harmonica.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
Eminem. He's a motherfucking genius, and I like to foster the pathetic hope that he and I would connect. BUT AT LEAST I CAN ADMIT TO IT, OKAY

And now, since I was one of the first to post on the friday five site, I have to think up some freaking content to bait the people it will attract...damn it.

That'll be up soon...On with it.