Saturday, December 16, 2006

My Cavalier Approach to Human Decency presents: Best and Worst Commercials, 2006 Holiday Edition.

Worst: Started airing a few years ago, but I'd happilly forgotten it until now: A series a of beautiful people, in beautiful places, with beautiful wind making their beautiful clothing whip around all their shapeliness look into the camera and send you a deep message for the holidays: It's not your clothes, it's not your music, it's not where you live and it's not how you dress that tells the most about who you really are.

It's your watch.

This christmas season, Seiko wants you to cast off your old concepts of vanity and self-importance...and adopt some newer, more expensive ones. This commercial, sadly, isn't online, but you can get a pretty good overview of what I'm taking about with their website's flash presentation.

Casey's reaction tends to make me think that I'm possibly the only person in the world who finds it so damn amusing, but hey, there it is.



Best: As much as I haven't always loved the Mad TV Cast's Sierra Mist commercials, I must say that I found this year's Commercial for Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash, featuring the Holiday Hawk, to be quite unexpectedly enjoyable. Check it out here.

On that note, YouTube is, one of these days, gonna go ahead and make my commercial-describing skills completely obsolete. How will I keep my place, gently embedded in the hearts of minds of my beloved readers?

Why bringing you news of ingenious internet advertising campaigns, like this one for the Philips Bodygroom, first! Don't miss the music video, or the description of "Where to Shave", both located in the main menu.


And since it seems the internet has made my job a great deal easier this year, I will sign off for now, wishing you a Merry Christmas, and reminding you, this Holiday season, to keep the spirit of joy in your heart, to give freely to others, to love, and to give every person, rich and poor alike, the same treatment, no matter their manner or apparel.

Unless they're not wearing a watch.


On with it.