Wednesday, September 12, 2001


SmarterChild: You Two Are a Perfect Match

You and your boyfriend have similar values, interests and personalities. You get along well most of the time and find that if you have a conflict, you can resolve it. Being compatible doesn't necessarily mean being able to read each other's minds, but it does mean being on the same wavelength most of the time. It appears that you and your boyfriend see eye-to-eye on important issues, which is a good sign for your future together. Congratulations on your compatibility.


Why thanks SmarterChild!

Yes, friends, yet another terribly irrelevant, not-relating-to-anything-that-has-or-would-happen-in-my-relationship survey has told me that, indeed, Andrew and I are the ideal couple. How quaint.

If only everything could be the way it is in these surveys! If the really defining things in our relationship could all be matters of liking the same music- I like all of it and, from what I've seen, so does he- not having trouble renting movies together- I dominate entirely. He is simply there to object to any videos he'd rather use as an ass-cleaning device than watch (normally the ones I'm most inclined to rent) and to help me out whenever my estrogen prevents me from making a decision. ("Oh, I just can't decide! Do I want 'Terms of Endearment' or 'How to make an American Quilt?' *Andrew promptly slaps me* "You want 'Death's Radioactive Screams of Fiery Hatred, part II', dear." "....you read my mind!" *Linda promptly gives Andrew another six hickies*) A question in the survery I found PRECIOUS:

You enjoy having intimate conversations in which you discuss your relationship (or other intimate matters). Your boyfriend:

1 Also believes that it is good for couples to frequently talk about these things.
2 Responds with one-word answers when you try to initiate this kind of conversation.
3 Is willing to talk about his feelings, but not as frequently as you would like.
4 Will talk about the relationship and intimate matters, but only when you bring them up.


I chose 1, but the part of the question I found objectionable was the first part: "You enjoy having intimate conversations in which you discuss your relationship (or other intimate matters)." I do???

I really think it would be a lot more productive to have taken the male version of this test. I'll have to try under one of the screen names smarterchild doesn't know yet.


I'm downloading "Proud to be an American" from Brandon Bernard who has, miraculously, figured out how to share files with people through aim without needing to send them to the specific person. I find this fascinating. Brandon is the type of person that I would actively deny my somewhat apathetic opinion of all this to, he's the older, more intellectual kind that I would want to believe that I was absolutely passionate about it in the same way that he was.

This song was playing in Chucky Cheese's last time I was there, on the way home from...somewhere. With my sister and my father and Austin. We just stopped in for pizza, but my sister and I managed to find a whole bunch of tokens strewn over the floors to play games for a while with. I really do love this song. I always have. Once, in........third grade, I think, me, susie, and I think jocelyn started singing this at Recess and just decided that when we came in, we would perform it for our class. We even wrote another verse ourselves, the only part of which I can remember being the line "We gave each other tips!" rhyming with "ships" and referring to the pilgrims or something.....yeah...Too bad I don't believe in God, our this song would melt me. Not that I'm all that proud to be an american, but it beats being a.....hahahaha! I almost said something REALLY derogatory, I'm gonna NOT type that now.

I wonder what I would be willing to do for my country, if it came right down to it. I see myself going to a "UN club" type thing and beating up a whole shitload of sniveling Europeans because they were mocking us- we're proud of our waning work ethic! Our dumb humor! Our love of the dumb humor of "our" ancestors, the English! Monty Python! THAT'S American!

Yup, I don't know either, think I'm pretty doped up.

So, yeah, I had no idea I had actually posted the post from 10:35 last night, being that I never ended it at all, or pressed "post". Weird computers, doing everything without my consent! (THAT'S American!) This is why I repeated the line about trading sex for getting to Standish. I REALLY wanted to go today, but the lack of public transportation around here left me fucked over and in Lisbon. (THAT'S American!)

I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, GODDAMN IT! LET'S KICK THOSE MIDDLE-EASTERN ASSES! Let's take all the Terrorist women and forcefully strip them until their ANKLES AND FACES ARE SHOWING! MWAH HA HA! And break all but four of Vishnu's legs!!!! HA!!! And FORCE THEM TO EAT BIG MACS!!!

And just in case you don't think I do, I know very DAMNED WELL I'm mixing up all the cultures without even the slightest idea of the actual culture of the terrorist group. You know why? Because ethnicentric ignorance is DAMNED AMERICAN!!!!! AND I'M A PATRIOTIC MOTHERFUCKER!

THE WORD "MOTHERFUCKER" IS AMERICAN!!!! GOD-FUCKING-BLESS THE USA!


I gotta burn CD's for Emily- piracy! Piracy is American!!! So I'm out.

MY NAME IS LINDA AND I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!! Vishnu bless the USA- with only four legs!!! HA! How do you like that, you dirty box-cutter-wielding BASTARDS??? On with it!!!!!!