Saturday, June 22, 2002

Do you think peole just grow out of each other after time?

I resent my own answer to that question enough to deny that it's really what I think.

I lose people at a rate steady enough that by this point ten years ago, I'll probably have completely recycled all friends except those who remain merely vague acquaintances.


It seems every damn day I get hit with another realization of how damn hypocritical I am. Only one person in life has ever called me a hypocrite in such a way that they held it against me, and before that I'd never really thought of myself that way. The idea that I am comes as a particular sting to me, as he was not only the only person that comes to mind that I didn't lose to issues similar to those currently plaguing me, but he was, to my knowledge, the biggest, most hurtful loss thus far.


"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame.

Yes and lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover come back to me,
yes and lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover come back to me."


Very suddenly I like this song. One of those moments. Leonard Cohen. Genius.

On with it.