Monday, September 03, 2001

My intent, of course, had been to blow Ms. Sutton away with my first poetry assignment, but what I wrote kinda sucks. I haven't written poetry in a long damn time, though, so I gotta break into it again slowly.

"I can't say my name or tell you where I am
I wanna throw myself away...don't know if I can
I wish that I could be in some other time and place
With someone else's soul, someone else's face."
-Bon Jovi, Someday I'll be Saturday Night

I really, really wish I could say I wrote that. Someday soon, I'll be writing that well again, but for now, I'm stuck with bs like rhyming "potenial" with "pencil". (seriously.)


Talked to Mr. L today...I gave him the address here, which means he might stop by. That could be...really bad, actually. Ah vell.

On an assignment from a friend of mine- I need info on women's sex toy preferences. E-mail them to me at lindah@cs.com so I can get them to him. I owe him.

"Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye."
-Bon Jovi, You Give Love a Bad Name

Day-um, that's nice writing right there. Let's just keep quoting Bon Jovi, possibly the most amazing rock group ever.

"Cause a bottle of vodka's still lodged in my hand
Some blond gave me nightmares, I think that she's still in my bed
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead."
-Bon Jovi, Bed of Roses


I remember I used to listen to this CD while I was talking on the phone with Mark, and this song would just take me completely away from him with the feeling of romance that Bon Jovi gave to me better than anyone else. This man's poetry does more for me than Byron's, his love ballads are quite possibly the only thing that gives me any will to keep my waning belief in romance, in true love. In real pain, even. I don't have any idea what to believe in any more, but life seems more true when Bon Jovi is on. I should really make an effort to get more into these guys, I've really only heard the stuff on Crossroads....you know who else I miss listening to? Meatloaf! Meatloaf and Bon Jovi and all those other early nineties rock bands with sensitive sides that Brent introduced Cathy to in the years before he was nothing more than "the baby's father"....I miss so much. When were the days of wine and roses for me? What am I looking to revive? Who am I longing to be my best friend again? How long ago is the long ago I miss? Why can't things just stand still?

"I guess this time you're really leaving
I heard your suitcase say goodbye....
I know you know we've had some good times
Now they have their own hiding place
Well, I can't promise you tomorrow
But I can buy back yesterday"
-I'll be there for you


Nick's being snobbish towards Bone Thugs and Harmony which angers me, but I should be in bed.

"My name is Billy Jean my love is bought and sold
I'm only sixteen, I feel a hundred years old." (bj, someday I'll be saturday night)

On with it.