Sunday, October 28, 2001

I think this is the first time in my life I've ever really felt like crying for joy.

While I was going to retype it again, for the sheer wonder of being able to relate it twice, the event in itself is made about a thousand times more beautiful by Elorza's reaction, so I'll just quote the conversation.

FieryGwenivere: I feel as good right now as I ever will for the rest of my life
Elorza: i'm overjoyed and ecsatic and glorious to hear that
FieryGwenivere: :-) is that sarcasm?
Elorza: not in the slightest
Elorza: not at all
FieryGwenivere: then I was wrong
FieryGwenivere: now I feel as good as I ever will in my entire life
FieryGwenivere: that, I guess, was just sorta leading up to it
Elorza: why do you feel so wonderous
FieryGwenivere: well, aside from your rousing support of me
FieryGwenivere: I have just come back from Jeff's house, and the entire night I was sitting there wondering if I would be able to tell him I loved him, because while I've done it in person and on the phone, I've only done it once in person, and it's quite a different thing, adn the first time I was crying so it was sort of out of context
FieryGwenivere: and then he drops me off and he walks me in and we're hugging in front of the doorway and I'm standing there, feeling how wonderful it is to just be near him, realizing that I won't be able to tell him and I'll simply have to wait another week
FieryGwenivere: And I sigh and finally let him go, and he knows that he can't let the screen door slam because the baby's asleep, so I sort of go out, once he's already outside, to close the door so he doesn't have to stand there and wait for it, and he's looking at me, straight in the eye, and I think that it's the perfect time to tell him, but I can't
FieryGwenivere: and then he lifts his hand and strokes the back of his two fingers down the side of my cheek and whispers "I love you" and I just say it back, and he leaves
FieryGwenivere: nothing in life has ever felt better than that
Elorza: beautiful
Elorza: absolutely awesome
Elorza: in the esoteric meaning of the word, not the bastardized colloquialism
Elorza: however you do spell that
FieryGwenivere: thank you
Elorza: believe me you are quite welcome

So there it is...and I'm going to ride it to sleep, and hope to feel like this tomorrow morning.

*sigh* ~*~On with it~*~