Thursday, February 05, 2004

Here's a little piece I like to call "The Joy of Wireless Internet" (or) "Why I Bring My Laptop Everywhere":


FieryGwenivere: sweetie?
FieryGwenivere: There is no toilet paper in here.
Cupcakes of Hell: ha ha
FieryGwenivere: I am stuck on the toilet.
FieryGwenivere: please help.
Cupcakes of Hell: hehehehe


And a happy ending ensued! Hooray!

Kinda reminds me of one of those OnStar commercials: "The following is an actual conversation between a WiFi user and her husband..."


In other news, Zack is currently watching an episode of the Justice League wherein Superman has grown out a super-beard after a few weeks stranded in a place without the proper facilities. This leaves me to wonder-- what kind of razor does he need for this job? I've heard of diamond-edged razors, but would that really do it? I think a Kryptonite-edged razor is probably the only suitable thing here-- and don't you know it, as soon as I post this Gillette will just jump right on top of the idea. Frankly, I think the shaving wars have gone a little too far now, with the release of the new Schick Quatra. (yes, quatra, as in four blades. In case you were unaware. And the commercial for this abomination tries to make you feel like they've given you something that was previously too much too hope for: "Are you too much of a man for three puny blades?" "Yes, oh yes! I really, truly am! Ah, but woe is me, there could never be a razor ridiculous enough to meet the needs of a man's man like yours truly!" "Well, now there's a manly, four-bladed razor that can shave smooth even a disgusting sasquatch-looking motherfucker such as yourself!" "Four blades? Holy James T. Kirk, I'm saved!") I know the whole idea behind capitalism is that competition is good for consumers, but I'm beginning to think that the system is failing us. Or, well, begining to really think it. A lot. Like more than usual. You know.

On with it.