Monday, December 24, 2001

Having arrived home from gloucester at around 6, I spent the first part of the night trying to ditch the funk that's been following me around for a while and celebrate what I always considered to be the most magical night of the year, far more wonderful than Christmas. But I found that, when you're the only one doing it, trimming the Christmas tree is just another chore that requires a lot of walking. My family spread to seperate corners of the house to spend the holidays with their favorite appliances, and I decided to join up with the always emotionally there for me Ally McBeal. It left me wanting to cry again, as I have for the past few weeks.

I started thinking, once I got here, just enough to let me reach that goal.

Greg is wonderful, though, and is vying to make it better, and suceeding a little:
Greg: i recall that you do get deep into misery
Greg: which is something that i can never do much about
Greg: except to wish fervently that all of the magically shining jello of the world would collect itself into a pool in which we might swim together
Greg: which might cheer you up
FieryGwenivere: :-) you're so great
Greg: i don't know about that one... for all my wishing, jello doesn't shine and you're in maine
Greg: and besides which, do either of us have a pool to put it in?
Greg: no, hopelessly impractical
FieryGwenivere: Well, I think Jello shines
Greg: only with light
FieryGwenivere: then we shall wish for light, too
Greg: unlike a sparkling deity such as yourself
FieryGwenivere: and we can use someone else's pool
Greg: true, true, and pool's come with their own lights
FieryGwenivere: and, heh, you shoulda wished a few hours ago, I was in massachussetts
FieryGwenivere: but it doesn't matter...we'll wish to fly.
FieryGwenivere: and we'll both fly to vermont
Greg: now that sounds like a plan
Greg: to that field, for that matter
FieryGwenivere: our hilltop, yes
Greg: yes, our hilltop with our sky
FieryGwenivere: and our may....we'll make it may. I have no use for december right now
Greg: no, december has proved itself incapable even of providing fluffy snow
FieryGwenivere: not here
Greg: why not make it june? then we could sit out on the stars without sweatshirts
Greg: not here, either
FieryGwenivere: No, I mean there is snow here
Greg: ahh
Greg: well, that's one thing you have going
FieryGwenivere: and it WAS flufy, but it's harder and crunchier now
FieryGwenivere: And if we want it to be june, it's june. I just like the sound of may better.
Greg: fair enough
Greg: may, only a little bit warmer
FieryGwenivere: and we are sitting on adirondack chairs together and watching stars and reading poetry to each other again
FieryGwenivere: (only this time in a platonic enough way so that it wouldn't upset my guy.....imagine that, someone I have a problem with cheating on!)

Greg has recently done me the favor of changing the course of my life by finding me the perfect school for which to apply in his lovely city, New York. While Greg attends the fabulous NYU, I hope that in a year I'll be his neighbor at New School University. I am waiting with unprecedented impatience for my application kit to come in the mail. Though I should probably start working on my essays- how has my education so far prepared me for an education at Eugege Lang College (of new school university) and something about some soceital issue I'm involved in. Or something.

Greg tells me the school is unorthodox, and I fully intend to write the essays in such a way that only an unorthodox school should have them. Or at least, I fully intend to enjoy writing them.

I've been writing this update over the course of entirely too long and now I intend to stop. Em should be coming at midnight and before she does I'm going to do some work on the future site of this blog- I want it to be attractive enough to win awards which will then draw people to it. Yes, I shamelessly admit to my common, greedy need for a fanbase.

On with it!