Monday, November 26, 2001

Did I mention that Ben's fucking great?

I've been having an insanely stressful day, and the moment he calls, he just sooths everything away, it's amazing. He's amazing. Between the hour or so of talking to him and the two minutes of instant messaging Jeff right now, my hellish, headachy, writhing, wisdom-tooth-extraction-discussing day is saved.

Collectively, they are "the twelve most beautiful words in the English language, which are reported to be:
cellar door
dawn
hush
lullaby
murmuring
tranquil
mist
luminous
chines
golden
melody
merit raise
"


That's from one of my all-time favorite books (replacing the "they are" with "she is" in his description of his girlfriend, at the time) which, I'm sorry to tell you, is called "If I Love You, Am I Trapped Forever?". It is, in every sense, of the "young adult" genre, which I can fully appreciate- I like reading Young Adult books...do you know why?

BECAUSE I AM A YOUNG ADULT!

People who look down on people who act their age....at least when it comes to reading shit, piss me off. Why is it everyone in high school spends all their time reading Jane Austen or Shakespeare or overwritten scifi bullshit? Isn't this the age where we're still supposed to be reading what we like to read and not what we think will make as look impressive?

Ben knows "Alice's Restaurant". This makes me happy. That song is tremendously important to me.....

Apparently I'm getting paid to do someone's homework for them.....hmmm, not bad.

On with it!