Friday, January 18, 2002

Very few movies do for me what "American Beauty" does. I started watching it yesterday and finished just now- I seem to be watching everything in segments lately.

The thing that gets me about it, aside from the gorgeous message and the awesome acting and the beautiful cinematography, the thing that I like about it the most is it's realness. It's so genuine. Life is so like that.

Mine, anyway. Okay, so my dad isn't....well, Spenser Burnham and my mother isn't Caroline Burnham, and I'd like to think I'm a lot different than Jane, the actress who played her having been someone that everyone thought I looked like when we were both around eight, but.....there are so many themes in it that just apply to me so much.

I'm a lot like Mena Suvari's character...Angela, whatever. The whole father-figure let's-fuck-old-guys thing. When she gets vulnerable, anyway. Not that I've ever fucked an old guy....or any guy. But whatever, I don't want to give away too much of the movie. But just...damn it, watch it if you haven't seen it. Watch it and see life in it's rawest form.

And get scared shitless.

Maybe I'm going overboard- maybe it's not all THAT real, but it's a lot harder-hitting than most of the movies I've seen recently.

So I e-mailed Jacquie, and she e-mailed me back- this is cool. I apparently forgot to send her a link to my site, and I'm sort of wary of doing so- at fourteen, someone who openly talked about their mastubatory habits and strange thoughts on bowel movements would freak me the hell out. But I want her to read some of my stuff, anyway, and, hey, for the most part, I'm not all THAT scary, am I?

*Note: Please don't answer that.

Feels weird to be this awake and not have to go to school for the rest of the day- screw you, midterms! I need to bathe, change, find my Triangle Sleep T-shirt (Yes! A show tonight! Yes yes yes! Be at Lewiston High School at 6 p.m. if you want to see the Garage Band Geniuses Triangle Sleep, 0% Real AND Ties of Seven and spent the night being blown away.) e-mail Jacquie with a link (*gets all nervous*) and watch another movie or two....right now I'm not really in the mood for "From Here To Eternity" or "New York Stories", but who knows. If not, I'll just watch one of the ones we own that I've already seen a thousand times.

Or, you know, at least half of it.

On with it!